At Nebraska Furniture Mart, we’ve been hiring friends since 1937—people who share our passion for helping customers feel right at home. If you share our vision, we invite you to be one of us!
People love working here! Glassdoor ranked Nebraska Furniture Mart in the top 50 Best Places to Work in the U.S. and here are a few reasons why:
- A FUN, stable work environment, with no lay-offs in our history
- A safe place to work and shop
- A path to the career of your dreams (career development opportunities)
- A culture that encourages volunteering and serving our communities
Job Description: Your Piece of the Puzzle
NFM is looking for an Administrative Specialist – Service Claims to assist the service claims department. If you have a knack for complex problem solving and can review, analyze and determine a course of action for complex claims, this is the job for you.
Job Duties: A Day in the Life
- Review: Identify the course of action needed for each claim to ensure it is processed correctly and completed accurately
- Prepare: Set up service via delivery provider, installer or file vendor claim on behalf of the customer
- Collaborate: Regular and ongoing communication with customers, manufacturers, service providers until the claim is solved to the customers satisfaction
- Support: Ability to negotiate resolutions to a claim with customers, manufacturer and service providers that is beneficial to all parties involved including NFM
- Track: Maintain files, audit and approve bills and process payments ensuring all accounts are accurate
- Assist: Establish relationships with new service providers and serve as a point of contact to vendors
Your work will directly impact our ability to help people create a lifestyle they love, for the people they love—because that’s what we love.
Benefits: What’s in It for You?
As a full-time member of our Nebraska Furniture Mart Family, you will enjoy:
- Competitive pay
- Health, dental, vision and life Insurance
- Paid holiday and paid time off
- Staff discount on merchandise
- (Collectively, NFM staff has saved almost $2 million on purchases in the last 12 months)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid training
- 401(k) with company matching
- Short and long-term disability
- Employee assistance program
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Community volunteer opportunities
Nebraska Furniture Mart is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- 4 years clerical/office experience required
- 2 years customer service or vendor relationship experience required
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) required
- Pre-employment screening includes, but isn’t limited to, drug screen and criminal background check
- Ability to negotiate with multiple parties
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Excellent communications skills, must have the ability to communicate at all levels
- Data entry skills per established department requirements
- Ability to work night, weekend and/or early morning hours based on business needs.