The Medical Billing Assistant will be responsible for accurately verifying insurance, submitting claims, follow-up with payers, and appealing denials. High attention to detail is needed for this position. You will also communicate with patients, doctors, and insurance companies. Medical Terminology and precise clarity of an EOB is MANDATORY.
The ideal candidate is someone who takes pride in their everyday tasks, is mature and highly responsible, and can function effectively as part of a team as well as being able to work independently.
- Perform all daily billing functions in integrated systems.
- Timely and accurately submit claims.
- Assist with overseeing patient accounts on a timely basis.
- Answering billing related questions from patients, doctors, and insurance companies.
- Proactively determine solutions for handling unique billing situations.
- Assist the Business Manager with a variety of other daily tasks. Position Requirements:
- Knowledge of current ICD-10 and CPT coding systems preferred.
- Knowledge of Medicaid and commercial insurances preferred.
- Knowledge of revenue cycle billing preferred.
- Strong organization, written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to function both independently and on a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Requires a high level of interpersonal, problem solving and analytic skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal relationship skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Reliable transportation
- Previous experience is a plus
- Insurance verification
- Bilingual — A Plus but not required
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Bilingual — preferred
Benefit Conditions: * Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place